Our school community believes that a dress appearance code based on modesty, civility and health and safety sets a tone conducive to learning as well as being acceptable within the broader community, all within the discretion of the principal. Students are expected to present themselves appropriately for a place of learning. They are also expected to learn appearance and dress standards suitable at institutes of higher learning as well as in the work place.
The following are guidelines for acceptable dress in school:
- Clothing must not display offensive logos or comments.
- Clothing must conceal underwear.
- Headgear must not be worn inside the school unless it is part of a special activity day, or part of a cultural/religious tradition. Headgear may be worn for other purposes with the principal’s permission.
- Footgear must be worn at all times. For safety we discourage flip flops and crocs. Proper footgear is required in the gym (children cannot wear boots to participate in gym class).
- Children will be asked to remove piercings, jewelry or accessories if they are deemed to be unsafe for physical activity, especially in gym class.