Our community is very involved as evidenced by our active School Council and Parent Volunteers. Parents offer students Healthy Snacks, sponsored by Childhood Enfance, and Scholastic Book Fairs. Parents are welcome members of our school community, as seen by their involvement in their children’s classes and countless hours of volunteering in many aspects of school operations.
As part of the “Pay It Forward” initiative, Redwood Acres Public School staff and students do ordinary good deeds, that lead to extraordinary good things. We participate in the Terry Fox Run, Nickels for the North, Christmas Food Drive, Jump Rope in addition to supporting many other community organizations and initiatives.
YMCA Licensed Child Care Services
YMCA Licensed Child Care Services provides before and after school care at Redwood Acres. For more information about their programs please contact Melissa at the YMCA at 705.673.9136 ext. 2137.
Volunteers… the heart of our school.
If you have some time that you can donate to our school, your assistance is greatly appreciated by staff and students.
Volunteer opportunities at Redwood are almost limitless. Whether it’s a one-time event, like supervising a class trip, or an ongoing commitment, like coaching a school basketball team, we have a role for just about everyone.
As a school volunteer, you can…
- Donate your time to work a Bingo
- Become a classroom helper
- Help out in the library
- Listen to students read
- Mentor or tutor students
- Supervise school fairs
- Coach or assist with school sports
- Organize or participate in school fundraising activities
- Help the school recruit volunteers
- Plan or chaperone field trips
- Help prepare hot dogs on Fridays
- Start a school club or an athletic team
- Sew costumes or build and paint sets for Christmas concert
- Present your trade, career or profession to a group of students
- Help school administrators prepare grant proposals to enhance the school community
- Join School Council
By becoming a school volunteer you will:
- Be an important partner in education
- Be a valued member of the school and school board community
- Model the importance of school involvement
- Make a difference in your Rainbow school community
- Build self-esteem and self-confidence
- Gain work experience and develop new skills
- Stay active
- Have fun!
As per the Rainbow District School Board policy, all volunteers who work with children must have a recent police check. Please don’t let this requirement deter you. Ensuring your children’s safety is always a priority.
Please contact your child’s teacher, the main office or the principal if you would like to volunteer.
Thank you for making a difference.
Community Use of Schools
COMMUNITY USE IS CURRENTLY ON HOLD DUE TO COVID-19